Entries: An iPad App for Making Wufoo Forms Easier to Fill Out

By Chris Coyier · March 5th, 2012

The fine folks over at Overcommited have created a really neat iPad app called Entries that makes it easier for forms to be filled out on Apple’s tablet. Wufoo forms already look and work well on the iPad out of the box, but Entries takes things a step further by taking advantage iPad-specific controls and redesigning and reformatting the form layout so that it’s catered to the touch experience.

Entries is especially useful for any organizations and teams that both build and fill out their own forms for data entry. Perhaps you are a student who uses Wufoo forms to take notes. Perhaps you take orders or conduct polls in person by filling out a form. Perhaps you are running a conference and plan to gather feedback via a kiosk with an embedded iPad and Wufoo form. Then Entries would be the ideal solution for bringing the magic of Wufoo to your situation.

Entries is available right now and you can get it for $24.99 from the iTunes Store.

The images above highlight some of Entries cool features: contextual date pickers, simple multiple choice question turned into big toggle buttons rather than radio buttons, and more complex multiple choice questions getting bigger easier-to-tap targets. Entries even supports proper error messaging for things like missing required fields.

Big thanks to Harold Emsheimer, Jonathan Younger, and the whole team over at Overcommitted for their excellent work on this app.

For the developer-curious, Entries uses the Login API to make authenticating through Wufoo possible, the Forms API to see the users forms, the Fields API to see the structure, and the Entries API for submitting new form data.

We’re going to give away a few free copies of the app! To win, just leave a comment below (using your real email, we’ll never publish it) with a little bit about why this app might be useful to you.

This entry was posted 4 years ago and was filed under News & Updates. Comments are currently closed.

1. We’re excited to hear about the Entries app. In a large church of 2,300, we often assist our congregation with event sign-ups using ipads before and after our multiple services. We look forward to using Entries.

Posted 4 years ago by Judy Mosesman.
  2. I don’t know if it’s too late, but I’d love this app for my restaurant!

I am having all our to-do lists, prep lists, and inventory lists put on ipads.

Plus, I’d end up upgrading to paid WUFOO, so I’d love that app

Posted 4 years ago by Blake.
  3. This app will be great for my school. No need to print forms for student registration and school forms. I would love to have this app!

Posted 4 years ago by Vince.
  4. This fantastic because we have an annual symposium at the hospital where I work and also grand rounds and numerous meetings and surveys we constantly need feedback. This will be an extremely useful tool since Ipads are just be introduced as a extremely useful tool in the medical field.

Posted 4 years ago by Thelma.
  5. This would be very useful in creating the report forms our company uses for each of our managers eliminating the time it takes to set up a laptop and attach documents and spreadsheets to emails.

Posted 4 years ago by Joe Nelson.
  6. Our techs use bulky old laptops and USB printers to fill out forms and print them for our clients. It would be so much easier on our techs and more professional looking if they could just click on radio buttons to fill out the form and submit the print job wirelessly.

Posted 4 years ago by Joseph Jaramillo.
  7. I use wufoo for training registration for our faculty and staff on campus along with ipad kiosk positioned around campus utilizing over 200 wufoo forms. Hook me up!

Posted 4 years ago by Eric Hawthorne.
  8. This is a very interesting tool! We are using iTunesU and Wufoo.

Posted 4 years ago by JBF.
  9. Our multibillion dollar organization is looking to equipt our salesforce with iPads. They need to be able to complete specific forms (we are currently using Wufoo for our form usage) during client meetings. I am leading a pilot program right now and looking to find the best apps to utilize. This would be AWESOME I bet. Are you still giving away the app? I would love to test this out with our pilot program. Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago by Amanda M.
  10. Um I would LOVE to try this app in my tech company!

Posted 4 years ago by Logisticks.