Before today, if you viewed your Wufoo form on an [iPhone](http://www.apple.com/iphone/), the form would load up all zoomed out with the text being very tiny and very illegible. And while the forms did technically work, you’d have to pinch and zoom in and zoom out and pan around to read any of the labels and any instructions you might have used to create the form. Basically, it wasn’t a very pleasant experience.
Since 6 out of 7 Wufoo Team members use an iPhone on a daily basis, we thought it would be really nice if we could remove all that resizing nonsense and make Wufoo Forms automatically look great when you view them on the iPhone. Here’s a before and after comparison of an example Workshop Registration form loaded on iPhone’s Safari browser:
There’s no need to go to a special URL, it’ll just work if you’re viewing it on an iPhone. In addition to removing all that wasted whitespace to the left and right of the form and starting at a more appropriate zoom level, we made a few additional tweaks to make viewing and filling out Wufoo forms on an iPhone a bit more pleasurable.
– The Wallpaper or Background does not show on the iPhone version. Drop shadows and the outside form border are also turned off. It’s all form, baby!
– Because the iPhone does a great job of making it obvious which field you’re filling out, the fields do not show the highlight color around the field when they’re being filled out.
– All form typography was made larger for increased legibility.
– The width of the form is changed from 640px to 480px, which is the length of the widest side of the iPhone.
– Because of the reduced width, Field Instructions do not show to the right of the fields on hover / field focus. Basically, there’s not enough room, they were too small and when you were filling out the form, they were never conveniently displayed. Instead we’ve set Field Instructions to always show beneath the field.
– Styles were optimized to work in both portrait and landscape mode.
– Aside from the changes mentioned above, your custom themes and branding should still work like a charm.
These new styles and behavior are auto-magically baked into every Wufoo form and happily available to all users across all plans. We hope you enjoy a better mobile workflow with these iPhone friendly web forms!