As Ryan stated before when we released our [query and report API](/2006/09/25/the-era-of-the-api-begins/), “simplicity comes at a price– lack of power”. We would love to add every feature you could desire, but due to time and usability constraints, that just isn’t a possibility. So, for users who love using Wufoo, but are looking for a little more customization on how their forms operate, and how data is submitted, we bring you the submit API.
The submit API will allow you to programmatically submit data into your Wufoo account without requiring your user to visit a form that is hosted on Wufoo’s servers. We will continue to validate all form data before it is submitted into your database, but you’re free to manipulate the data before and after it is submitted to Wufoo. Here are a few examples of what could be achieved with the submit API:
– Redirect users to different locations depending on how they filled out the form.
– Add forms to your website without the use of iFrames.
– Email users customized messages based off of form data.
– Create widgets or customized applications that can submit data into Wufoo.
– Add up the values of two fields before submitting to Wufoo.
– Hook Wufoo up to your payment gateway.
To learn about how the submit API works, please head over to our [API documentation](/docs/api/) section.