The Low Down
Creates a color control, for setting the element’s value to a hexadecimal color value.
- In supporting browsers, focusing on the form control opens the operating system’s color widget.
- The default value is #000000.
- Only 6-digit hexadecimal values are valid. RGB, RGBA, HSL, HSLA, named colors and other key terms are not.
- The list attribute linking to a datalist of color options, allows you to offer pre-defined colors as options.
- Works in Opera, except for the first two blink engine versions, for v15 and v16.
- Fallback is a regular
- When supported, the
pattern, required, readonlyand
placeholderattributes are irrelevant and ignored.
- Until supported in all browsers, include the
patternattribute, along with title and optionally the default