Start New Discussion!

Welcome to the Wufoo forums!

Here you can browse around to find answers to questions you may have. Or, click the button to the right to start a new discussion.

Protect forms without password or wufoo credentials

• nmeijernmeijer July 2011
    Hi!

We're building a webapp for a client that requires users to log in to the system and then fill out several Wufoo forms.

Ideally, these forms would be accessible only from within the webapp.

Making the forms private is no option, b/c these users have no dealing with us or Wufoo. Password protecting the forms is counter productive. They've logged in already, no point in bothering them again, so to speak.

So keeping them public is currently the only way to go, AFAIK. There is some 'intellectual property' involved in the setup of these forms and our client would dread the business logic of these forms would fall into the wrong hands.

Of course, without knowing the URL to the forms, you wouldn't be able to access them. However, some smartass might look into our page's code and grab the code that loads the forms. Far fetched, I know, but still.

We're using the JavaScript Embed method to display the forms.

Is there another way to somehow protect the forms from being accessed publicly?

Thanks for any and all pointers!... Nico

P.S. I've tried the "Don't be silly!" response on our client. Didn't work. ;-)
  • One alternative option would be using the Wufoo API to submit the data:

http://wufoo.com/docs/api/v3/entries/post
  • nmeijernmeijer November 2011
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response and my apologies for chiming in so late. Lots of stuff happened in the meantime and this application we're building has been an bit dormant on the form front.

Submitting the data via the API does not solve my problem. My problem is with retrieving the form. I need my forms to not be publically available, but I can't ask an unsuspecting user to log in to Wufoo.

Is there a way to retrieve a password protected form via HTTP AUTH, for instance? I could write a wrapper with PHP cURL.

I fear that the only other option is to retrieve form fields via the API, build the form myself and POST via the API. Am I correct here?

Is there any option I might have overlooked?

Thanks... Nico
  • Andrew+GosnellAndrew Gosnell November 2011
    Hi Nico,

Is there a specific reason that you have to generate the form on the fly each time? Could you simply use the html from the form, and then submit the data through the API?

If you'd prefer to continue this over email instead, feel free to create a support request ticket.

Andrew
  • nmeijernmeijer November 2011
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your swift response. :)

We will lose needed flexibilty and functionality (pages) if we download the HTML for the forms, so that could be an option for a couple of the forms, but not all of them.

I'll work something out. I understand my situation and my wishes are perhaps too specific to cater for.

Thanks again!... Nico

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Join the Forums!

In this Discussion

Documentation

How to use Wufoo and all of Wufoo's features are documented in our official documentation.

Go to Docs

Support

Not finding what you need in the forums or the documentation? You can submit a support request.

Go to Support