Planned Maintenance - Moving to the Monkey

By Ryan Campbell · June 19th, 2012

Hey all, we’re planning to move our entire infrastructure over to the SurveyMonkey datacenter this Wednesday, beginning at 5:30pm PST.

This move will impact your forms in a few ways:

• From 5:30pm to ~7:00pm, you will not be able to create new accounts, new forms, or upload files. All other existing features and forms will work.
  • The entire site will be offline for approximately 15 minutes. We anticipate this will start around 7:00pm - 7:30pm PST.

During the outage, your existing forms will show this downtime message. If you have any questions about the maintenance, don’t hesitate to send us a ticket.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes — we hate bringing the site offline. We’re also really excited about the changes it will bring. Most importantly, we will have an entire in-house team handling networking, hardware and administration. We’ll improve our ability to proactively look at issues, and get thorough analysis when things go wrong. Additionally, the team has already begun optimizing our setup, so we’re anticipating everything will run faster and smoother.

Looking forward to seeing you on the other side.

The Wufoo Team

This entry was posted 2 years ago and was filed under News & Updates. Comments are currently closed.

Comments

1. Everyone needs a hug and a pina colada after this! Great job! Aloha!

Posted 2 years ago by Toni.
  2. Congratulations. Love Wufoo. Love SurveyMonkey. Great marriage.

But why is this happening during evening primetime? It may be “after work hours”, but for a lot of us, our audience shows up in the evening. This sort of thing should be happening at midnight (or later).

Posted 2 years ago by Kari Chisholm.
  3. Kari, what about Europeans? Wufoo is available in other countries other than USA!

Posted 2 years ago by Luke Daly.
  4. I don’t anticipate this particular outage will affect me too much, but I just thought I’d add a “me, too” from Seoul, Korea. Your maintenance window will be 9:30 - 11:30am here.

Posted 2 years ago by Aaron Namba.
  5. Don’t be nervous… you got this! No pressure or anything.

Posted 2 years ago by Wufoo Master.
  6. Will this affect the website lay-out and interaction? Because that’s why i choose you over Surveymonkey :-)

Btw, in The Netherlands that will be 02:30 - 04:30 A.M.

Posted 2 years ago by Lennard Breevaart.
  7. Hey Kari, we chose this time frame because it has the least customer impact. East coast US and London area are all sleeping, and West coast US is wrapping up the day. Our traffic slows down quite a bit around that time. Doing it around 7 instead of 9-10 gives us a buffer in case something goes wrong — we don’t want the maintenance to overlap into the next morning. We’re very sorry if this directly impacts you. We’re doing everything we can to make it as painless as possible.

Posted 2 years ago by Ryan Campbell.
  8. Thanks, Ryan. I suppose that makes sense, and glad you’re doing it based on your traffic (and not, say, on your engineers’ social calendar — which I’ve seen certain unnamed companies do before. Things you notice when you watch ‘em whine on Facebook…)

Posted 2 years ago by Kari Chisholm.
  9. It seems that I still can’t duplicate new forms and it’s 8:24 PST. Is that true?

Posted 2 years ago by Michael Hyat.
  10. Is this going to affect the sync with Device Magic?

Posted 2 years ago by James Jones.
  11. We have problems with uploading images on our forms. Still problems with that?

Posted 2 years ago by Devo Kritzinger.
  12. Since this update my ipad no longer trusts your site and it won’t let me. I’m using it on the app Kiosk Pro and every time I try to open it, it says “Error: The certificate for this site is untrusted.” It worked yesterday but not today and I really need to use it today! Anyone please help if you can!

Posted 2 years ago by Molly.
  13. Hi Molly, we’re aware of this issue, and working on a fix. It seems to primarily impact iOS users. I don’t have an ETA for you just yet though. Sorry for the trouble!

Posted 2 years ago by Ryan Campbell.
  14. is wufoo & short codes upgraded for wordpress 3.4?

Posted 2 years ago by Frank.